Sunday, July 29, 2012

New York Times Best Selling Top 15 Books for the week ending July 28th, 2012

Before I get to the Top 15 Best Selling books for this week, I would like to bring something up that is eating away at me. I'm NOT to happy about it, either. This link - -> HERE! That link has a LOT of the NEW *FALL* Releases! You can check them out!
The problem I have with them is this: the COST OF THE EBOOKS. They have INCREASED AGAIN! Now, instead of the $9.99 like they were when the E-Reader first came out, instead of the recent increase to $12.99, NOW they are being INCREASED TO $14.99! YES! It seems EVERY New Release time the prices creep up by at least $2.00. This is what I have noticed.
What about the EBOOKS THAT COST MORE THAN THE PHYSICAL BOOKS??? DOESN'T THAT IRK YOU? IT DOES ME!
I do this article every Sunday, and in a way, it IS advertising for the Publishers. I see this EVERY time a slew of NEW Releases come out, the Ebooks creep UP in price. 
I would like to educate you in that it is the PUBLISHER who chooses the COST OF THE EBOOKS, JUST AS 'THEY' CHOOSE THE COST OF THE BOOKS. Amazon has NO PART in adjusting the prices of Ebooks whatsoever. Amazon CAN adjust the cost of BOOKS! Phsyical books! For some reason the law that WAS going to allow RETAILERS the ability to adjust the cost of ebooks MUST have fell through? I don't know why?
This is really starting to make me MORE THAN A LITTLE ANGRY!
When ebooks first came out, they were generally $9.99. They have increased by $1, $2 or even $3 EVERY TIME a New Release comes out, ON TOP OF THE $9.99! Have you noticed this yet? I don't know if any of YOU have noticed this? I am noticing it is the BIG Publishing houses that are doing this. If you click on that link, the word that says HERE, up above, go ahead and look at the Fiction and Mystery, Suspense and Thriller Genres. 
NOW the Ebooks HAVE RISEN IN PRICE TO $14.99 OR MORE! Some ebooks are as HIGH as $19.99! UNBELIEVABLE! For something we cannot 'hand over' to someone else??? What's going on? I SURELY don't understand this? 
Is THIS the PRICE WE PAY IN ADDITION TO THE COST OF THE EREADER? Publishers are publishing LESS books, and some authors are NOT PUBLISHING BOOKS AT ALL! WHERE does the COST come in?
Are we completely OUT of the recession we were in? NO!!! We ARE coming OUT of it, so WHAT IS THE DEAL?
Take the NEW Adult book by J K Rowling. It is priced at $19.99 for the PHYSICAL BOOK AND THE EBOOK, BOTH! YES!
This is really bothering me! I don't really care WHO I tick off by writing this, either! What I HOPE to do is to bring this to the attention of YOU READERS! "YOU" NEED TO START TO COMPLAIN! YES, YOU DO! WE "ALL" NEED TO DO SOMETHING! This is the ONLY way the Publishers will know WE ARE GETTING A LITTLE UPSET WITH THEM!
You will start to notice this today when you look at the costs of the books. I list them every week. You will see ebooks selling today for $14.99! YEP! They are NEW RELEASES!
I don't expect to get my books for cheap, but, this has been going on since I bought my Kindle. The ebooks CONTINUING TO INCREASE IN PRICE BY UP TO $10 PER BOOK IN ADDITION TO THE ORIGINAL $9.99!!! I SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
Even the books by the Independent Authors (and they know I love and support them DEARLY), are increasing the prices of THEIR books, too!
An ebook is a COMPUTER FILE! THAT IS IT! An ebook takes NO PAPER! NONE! I would think an ebook would cost LESS than a PAPER book, wouldn't you? Wasn't one of the SELLING POINTS of the E-Readers about the ENVIRONMENT? The E-Reader will be "GREEN"? I remember that discussion! Yes, it IS convenient to purchase an ebook from home. It's super convenient for me, who can't drive because I have a neuro muscle disease. I couldn't tell you when the next time I would be in a bookstore would be. For me, it IS EASY to purchase an ebook! It works out GREAT!
Every month I buy a couple of the mainstream ebooks for 'me' to read. That is going to STOP! RIGHT NOW! I am going to REFUSE to pay the INCREASED PRICES of EBOOKS! I feel if I cannot have it in my hands, WHY am I going to purchase a computer file that can be lost? OR, what if I never get it if I don't watch for it to download? This DOES happen.
Is this what it is going to take? Everyone who owns an E-Reader to STOP purchasing books? To Black-ball the E-Reader?
The question "I" have is this. WHEN WILL THE INCREASE OF THE PRICE OF EBOOKS STOP? OR WILL IT STOP? WILL IT ONLY BE A LUXURY FOR THE RICH, TO PURCHASE AN EBOOK? AMAZON SURE MAKES IT SUPER CHEAP TO PURCHASE THE E-READER! WOW!
So this IS what it is starting to look like! 
Does ANYONE agree with me?
IF you DO, please leave a comment after the Best Sellers, PLEASE! I want to stand up and make a point to the Publishers. We are READERS, NOT MILLIONAIRES who can afford ANY PRICE FOR A BOOK, NOR can we continue to pay INCREASES IN THE PRICES OF THE EBOOKS! We MUST say 'enough IS enough'!
Even the MOVIE THEATERS have NOT increased their prices in QUITE A WHILE! Does this tell you anything? The 'Stars' salaries HAVE INCREASED DRAMATICALLY, but movie tickets HAVE remained MUCH STEADIER THAN BOOKS! Do Publishers NOT WANT US TO READ? DO THEY WANT TO GO OUT OF BUSINESS? OR WHAT? I ask ALL of you this question?


OR, HOW ABOUT WHEN AN EBOOK COSTS "MORE" THAN A PHYSICAL BOOK?
WHAT IS THE FOR THAT?


Thank you,
Laurie

Here are our Top 15 Best Sellers!

1. Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One of the Fifty Shades Trilogy by E L James
Print Book: $9.57
Ebook:       $9.99

 

2. Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, Book 2) by E L James
Print Book $9.57
Ebook:      $9.99

 

3. Fifty Shades Freed: Book Three of the Fifty Shades Trilogy (50 Shades Trilogy) by E L James
Print Book: $9.57
Ebook:       $9.99

 

4.The Fallen Angel: A Novel by Daniel Silva
Print Book: $15.98
Ebook:       $14.99



5.Gone Girl: A Novel by Gillian Flynn
Print Book: $13.94
Ebook:       $12.99

  

6. Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel by Sylvia Day
Print Book: $9.00
Ebook:       $7.99

 

7. Deep Down: A Jack Reacher Story by Lee Child
Available ONLY as a Kindle Single. Word is this is in prelude to his next Book which is called, "Jack Reacher, A Wanted Man, A Novel". Price for this Kindle Single: $1.99

   

8. I, Michael Bennett by James Patterson
Print book: $18.30
Ebook:      $12.99

 

9. Shadow of Night: A Novel (All Souls Trilogy) by Deborah Harkness
Print Book: $16.31
Ebook:       $12.99

 

10. Creole Belle: A Dave Robicheaux Novel by James Lee Burke
Print book: $16.79
Ebook:      $14.99

 

11. Slammed Book One in the Slammed Series, by Colleen Hoover - THIS BOOK ROCKS!!! It is EXCELLENT! A GREAT LOVE STORY! BEYOND GREAT! It will leave you wanting for MORE, I guarantee it! Which is GREAT because she has her 2nd book in this series published, and it is called Point of Retreat! Yes! I HAVE read that one, too! ENJOY!!!
Print Book: $8.63
Ebook:       $2.99


Point of Retreat (Volume 2) in the Slammed Series, by Colleen Hoover. You ARE going to want to read this IMMEDIATELY AFTER reading Slammed!



12. Fifty Shades Trilogy: Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker, Fifty Shades Freed 3-volume Boxed Set by E L James
Print book: $28.71
Ebook:      $29.99

 

13. The Marriage Bargain (Marriage to a Billionaire) by Jennifer Probst
Print Book: $7.99
Ebook:       $2.99

 

14. Backfire (An FBI Thriller) by Catherine Coulter
Print Book: $17;62
Ebook:       $12.99

 

15. The Litigators: A Novel by John Grisham
Print Book: $10.88
Ebook:       $9.99

  

Have a GREAT week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments so please leave one! After I review the comments and make sure they are NOT SPAM - I HAVE BEEN BOMBARDED WITH SPAM - YOUR COMMENTS WILL BE PUBLISHED HERE! Thanks SO MUCH for your patience and for leaving a comment!!! Comments are ALWAYS welcomed, YET THEY WILL NOT LINK TO GOOGLE+ EITHER DUE TO THE AMOUNT OF SPAM!!! When I say this blog is experiencing SPAM, we are talking 30+ comments PER DAY that are spam! Please understand!! Again, thank you!!